WHY CHOOSE POLE PHYSIQUE
- Principal instructor and Pole Physique owner Tiff Finney is a professional stage performer, Sponsored Pole athlete and regular Pole competition judge. She and her fellow Pole Physique instructors know how to help everyone from absolute beginners to become highly trained with pole techniques.
- All pole tricks/transitions are taught with a precision of technique to ensure the utmost quality in what you learn. This will help each student to be technically advanced and achieve an ability to add that special pole flair.
- Our studio at Pole Physique is a beautiful boudoir with low lighting and a burlesque feel that allows you to relax and escape from the daily hustle and bustle. Our studio is PDC approved and all of our poles are by industry leaders X-Pole (we have 13) standing 11ft high in a variety of thicknesses. The studio is in the heart of the city and is a private and secure building.
- Confidence! Pole Physique is not a competitive environment favouring anyone. Our aim is to use pole dance with our workshops to give you the skills and tips you need to see your beauty and then to take it through the roof!
- Weight loss/toning. With all of the physical efforts involved in pole dance, we aim to get you fit, toned, burning lots of calories and becoming stronger than you ever thought you could be.
- Level Specific Classes. We understand that if you’re a brand new starter, the prospect of learning next to someone that can flip and spring up at the ceiling can be daunting. That’s why you can attend a class purely for beginners.
- Dedication to YOU. We know that everyone learns at their own pace which is exactly what we promote. You are not dictated by the pace of a class. You will be taught tricks/spins that we know you will enjoy along with some to push your boundaries too. You’re not expected to ‘keep up’ or ‘slow down’ for others. Everything is set to your pace along with a challenge.
- Fun. We love music, fun floor work that we can all try together, routines, giggling, gossiping and everything else in between. We want you to look forward to coming to your class as much as we look forward to seeing you.
- We are a Team. The Pole Physique girls and guys welcome everyone. You’ll form bonds, friendships and pole buddies. Our environment is supportive. We all ‘flop’ and ‘fail’ new moves together and then we succeed, hug and cheer together too.
- We live for pole dance. Every class, every workshop and even our Flexy Stretch classes all relate to pole. We are 100% dedicated to the art, exoticism, sport and strength of pole dance.
- Our basic membership is £45 for 4 x 1 hour classes. If you can’t get enough, you can always purchase extra classes to learn new techniques. The classes consist of learning tricks, floorwork, full routines, the secrets of getting special pole flair, pirouettes, movement and even more tricks!
- We have levels ranging from Beginner through to Expert with 50 tricks/spins per level, plus hundreds of transitions and floor work inbetween.
- Level 1 Beginner
Not sure what to expect? Don’t worry we were all beginners at one point! We;ve been in your shoes but we guarantee you’ll love it.
- Level 2 Advanced
You must be able to comfortably invert and perform basic techniques correctly.
- Level 3 Expert
Pole Physique award this level directly. If you’re unsure of your level, please contact us to enquire.
HOW TO BOOK
The cost is £45 for a 4 week membership. You can read all the details, book extra classes and pay online at www.polephysique.com
BEING PREPARED FOR CLASS
- What to wear to a pole class is the clear winner for our most frequently asked question. Many, including all of our instructors, wear high heels to embrace and bring out that sexy side that we don’t get chance (or sometimes dare) to bring out elsewhere. However, if it just really isn’t your thing, then barefoot is always cool too. Whatever you do though, don’t think, ‘I will wear heels when I get good’ as you get so used to being barefoot that the transition is usually always too difficult.
- Please wear clothing that will give you enough body exposure to grip the pole such as shorts and a vest. In pole, we use the strangest body parts to grip the pole in order to throw out those crowd pleaser spins and tricks including armpits, thighs, elbows, knees, neck and ankles!!
- That ever enveloping question that seems to dominate our lives… What will everyone else be wearing because I don’t want to be too over/under dressed? Trust us, we see everything from sparkly hot pants and bikini tops to casual sports wear. Anything goes!! You’ll see a mix of these in every class that you attend. Beware, you may well become more obsessed with buying pole clothing than finding the perfect LBD!
- Please try to arrive 5-10mins before your class so that you can get changed and come into your class on time. Just press the Pole Physique buzzer to enter into your own personal escape world. Please bring water to stay hydrated.
- You do not need any physical fitness, dance experience or anything else to join our classes. We rarely get super fit and/or dance trained starters. Obviously, the greater your fitness/dance level, the quicker you may advance. However, everyone learns at their own pace anyway! So jobs a goodun. All you need is to want to get fit, have fun and change your life.
- A lot of people worry before starting their first class. This is completely normal. Other feelings may include nausea, cold sweats, hot sweats, nervousness, self doubt and impending terror. That’s ok, it means you’re human. It’s so scary delving into the unknown. Oooh, just wait until we get you into your first class. Soon it’ll become your safe haven! You wait.
- Remember, everyone else starting their first pole class has the same questions, thoughts and worries. We are all in it together.
- Be prepared to work hard. It’s no good us telling you that we can burn you a shed load of calories, seriously tone you up, get you hanging upside down in ways you never imagined and getting as fit as a fiddle if we don’t push you. The confidence you gain is incredible. It’s incredible because you will earn it!! And THEN you can go to a bar with your new pole pals and talk about how good you feel with a bowl of chips to soak up your wine. It’s ok, we do it too!
This is an untutored practice space. It is a chance to drop in and perfect you tricks, spins and routines. It’s a great place to meet others and work together or on your own. Pole practice is £5 per drop in session for 90 mins. Hours available are Mon-Wed 6-9pm, Thur 8-9pm and Sat 12-3pm.
Private tuition is also available at £35 per hour to those attending a current block and is specially designed to suit what YOU want to gain from your tuition. These are taught privately with only the Company Director Tiff and yourself. Book online through the shop at www.polephysique.com and choose your time slot. If you are a pole professional, instructor or studio owner please contact Tiff direct as prices will differ.
Tiff prides herself on her ability to complete specialist tricks with that ‘crowd pleaser’ flair. From the secrets of stripper style, to how to translate them into tricks and routines and stand out transitions and floor work, Tiff can help any pole student become a hot pole dance performer! Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you have been with us for a while and your pole obsession is becoming ever present, you’ll want to know where to get your pole essentials from. Here goes…
Dry Hands is great for those sweaty palms and limbs. iTac is brilliant for getting that extra stick on your body when you reach level 2 and are hanging upside down. If you can, get both. If funds are not on your side then get Dry Hands if you’re dewy and iTac if your skin is dry. Always google search for price comparisons as there are many sellers of these grips.
Pole specific shoes, or let’s face it, stripper shoes, are fabulous. They are purpose built for those pirouettes, glides and inverts. When you convert from ‘normal’ heels or barefoot to pole heels, it’s like an epiphany! So what to get? If it’s your first pair, go for 6″ or if you’re a heel lover already, go for 7″. Hardcore? Go 8″. We recommend pole shoes with an ankle strap to make you feel more secure. Loads of websites out there are selling pole shoes and eBay too so get on to google search. Our biggest tip: contact the seller first to check if they have the particular shoe in stock. This is because most are imported from the US. Nothing worse than ordering this magical pair of pole shoes and having to wait 2 months to get them when you expected them ready for your next pole class!
Rather than recommend a certain website, the most popular tried and tested brand are Pleasers. Most pole heel websites sell Pleasers so just have fun looking for your perfect pair. As for sizes, always check the conversion chart incase they are in US sizes. Please don’t ask us what your size is, you will know better than us. I know that we instructors wear them too, but we only know our own foot shape, not yours!
Pole Physique have our own line of clothing. Get on the online store and have a look! Tiff also is a Brand Ambassador for the worlds leading pole apparel company-PoleFit by Bad Kitty, so you can also go to their website and find fabulous clobber there too www.badkitty.com Please do not rely on your instructors to give you sizes as different people like different fitting. Both Pole Physique Merchandise and PoleFit have sizing information for you to choose.
WHERE WE ARE
If you want to drop in and chat to our instructors in person and check out our pad, times available are Mon-Thurs 5:45-6pm. We wished we could extend the times but the rest of our opening hours are dedicated to teaching pole classes, workshops and private tuitions. If you booked a class with us and we buggered off during it to chat then I don’t think you’d be impressed either. Plus, we want to make sure that we are there to talk to you properly without the distraction of ongoing classes.
On street parking is available directly surrounding the studio. The bonus is that it’s free after 6pm. Yaldy! There are also a few multi storeys and lot parking within 30 sec-2min walk from us. Bus stops are located directly outside. We are a 2min walk from central station and within 5min walk from all other city centre stations too. We are situated in between Picolo Mondo and Thai Orchid. Just opposite all of those lovely new artsy face portraits! You can see the map here.
Although we go out of our way every week to help those with busy and hectic schedules, families and shifts by rearranging classes and meeting their needs wherever possible, we do need to set certain guidelines for the sake of all of our customers and the utmost quality of the running of our classes. Therefore the following terms should be read by all customers and those who want to join us:
- Private Tuitions must cancel at least 72 hours prior to your appointment to rearrange. No refunds/rearrangements can be given with less notice as the studio is especially opened to accommodate the appointment.
- A Level 1 Course purchased with a membership and extra add on classes cannot be cancelled, refunded or rescheduled once booked. You may turn up to an alternate Level 1 class where you can join on the provision that there is space. See Membership terms.
- Level 2 & Level 3 classes purchased with a membership and extra add on classes require 48hrs cancellation notice which must be made by the individual via the booking system only.
- Refunds will only be given to those who cancel their FULL block at least 72 hours prior to attending their first class. No exceptions.
- Please ensure that you are medically able to join a fitness/dance class. This includes all Pole Physique/Tiff Finney classes/Workshops. This includes pregnancy. If you are unsure or have any existing or past conditions that could affect participation then please consult your GP as Pole Physique cannot be held responsible for any medical issues arising during participation as a result of said conditions. Upon enrolling in any Pole Physique classes/workshops, responsibility to disclose any conditions lies with the customer. Failure to inform so is not the responsibility of Pole Physique/Tiff Finney.
- Pole Physique merchandise may only be returned for exchange only and if unused/unworn. The consumer is responsible for return/redelivery costs. Discretion of all returns/exchanges lies solely with Pole Physique/Tiff Finney.